Monday, August 11, 2008

Earthquake!


The title of this post is the exact text message I and, as it turned out, all of my co-workers were sending to girlfriends and loved ones after a "moderately sized" earthquake hit LA a couple weeks ago. I just remember we were all casually sitting around the table, not really saying much, when the room started to shake. At first it was small and I felt like I was the only one who felt it. I remember thinking, honestly, "Hm, someone's parking a really large motorcycle in the garage." But then the shaking got much more violent. After a second I remember another writer, Kevin Pedersen, saying very calmly, "Alright, hey, maybe we should go outside." So we did. Then we sent out unnecessarily alarming texts to people and went back inside after about fifteen minutes.

It was a fun day.

No comments: